Line Powered Tin Side Coating Detector
Hands-Free Operation Enabled By Automatic Glass Detection!
Perfect for Production Settings
The TS1420 is designed for a production environment or any time numerous tests need to be conducted. The meter can be mounted into a glass table recess or other production area where glass can be slid over the top.
- Powered by a 6-volt power supply. No more wasting of batteries or being caught with dead/weak batteries.
- Protective rubber boot increases durability.
- "Glass-Present" sensor illuminates lamp when glass is slid over the top resulting in hands-free operation.
- Displays milky white glow when encountering the tin side of float glass.
- Compatible with input voltages from 110Vac to 240Vac.
About Tin Side:
During the production of float glass, one side of the molten glass comes into contact with a bath of molten tin. Traces of tin or tin dioxide metal are deposited on the surface of glass as it is removed from the molten tin bath. This surface of the glass is identified as the "TIN SIDE" surface of the glass. The opposite side of the glass is denoted as the "AIR SIDE".
The presence of the tin is invisible to the human eye. Glass processors find it beneficial to know which surface of the glass is the tin side surface, since the tin side of the glass results in a smoother surface (among other reasons).
When the Tin Side Detector lamp is placed on the tin side surface, the tin will turn fluorescence and produce a milky white image that is visible to the human eye. If you place the lamp on the non-tin side of the glass, the lack of tin results in no fluorescence, and therefore only the duller image of the lamp is seen.