ETEKT + Low-E Detector
The ETEKT + has been serving an important role for glaziers worldwide for nearly 25 years: locate invisible Low-E coatings on IG units with a definitive, non-destructive test. With the release of the AE1601 (second generation ETEKT+), we've made some improvements to the reliability and temperature stability of the meter without compromising the features our customers have grown to love.
The NEW ETEKT + Low-E Coating Detector allows you to:
- Confirm the invisible Low-E coating is properly installed on your double pane IG units with a single test from a single side. You can also test a triple pane window by testing both sides of the window. For full triple pane Low-E detection, see the Glass-Chek PRO & Glass-Chek ELITE.
- During IG fabrication, ensure proper orientation of the Low-E coated glass so it is not damaged by the brushes of the glass washer.
- Prove to the customer that the invisible, money saving Low-E coating is present on their windows before installation.
Features and Details:
- Being handheld in size and powered by a common 9-volt battery (included), the ETEKT + is completely portable.
- Compatible with 3/32" through 1/4" SINGLE pane of glass.
- Also compatible with 3/32" & 1/8" IG assemblies with 1/4" - 9/16" air space from a single side.
- Thicker IGs, as well as larger air spaces, can be tested in single pane mode.
- Compatible with Pilkington OptiView™
Upgraded from the original AE1600 Low-E Coating Detector:
- New: Low Battery Indicator. The Low-E detector will indicate that the battery needs replaced by blinking the LED indicators.
- New: The AE1601 is much more capable of maintaining accurate results across a wider range of temperatures due to a new temperature stability program incorporated into the design.
Close-up of AE1601 test results.
All three lights indicate the meter is contacting the Low-E Coating.
The ETEKT + Low-E Coating detector is the industry standard for instruments detecting the presence and location of thermal resistant coatings (Low-E) used on energy efficient single, dual and triple pane glass and window assemblies. The ETEKT+ is a rugged handheld device that is accurate, easy to use, and rarely requires calibration. Place the unit flat on the glass surface, press the button and read the results.